Do This Appeal To You?
If you were looking for a church, would a church that meets the following
criteria appeal to you?
• A church that is not a denomination (John 17:20, 21).
• A church whose only head is Jesus Christ (Ephesians 1:22, 23).
• A church that has no creed other than the Bible (Colossians 3:17).
• A church that follows simple New Testament worship (John 4:24).
• A church that uses only God’s word to draw men to Christ (Romans 1:16).
• A church that is organized according to the New Testament pattern (Philippians
• A church that does not raise money by having car washes, bake sales, rummage
sales, or religious-product sales. Rather, it is financed solely by its members’
free-will offerings (1 Corinthians 16:1, 2).
• A church that has only one type of worship service, and it’s neither
contemporary nor traditional (Hebrews 8:5)?
• A church that expects its members to be present each and every time the saints
assemble (Hebrews 10:24).
• A church that has no earthly headquarters (Philippians 3:20).
• A church that wears only a Bible name (Romans 16:16; 1 Corinthians 1:2).
• A church whose members are simply called Christians (Acts 11:26).
• A church that takes a stand on the moral issues of the day (adultery,
abortion, homosexuality, fornication) and is not afraid to speak out on any
subject found in the Scriptures (Acts 20:26, 27).
• A church that disciplines those who become unfaithful (2 Thessalonians
• A church that understands loving God means not compromising the truth
• A church that seeks to teach its members to live above the world (1 John
• A church that is willing, in light of the Scriptures, to defend and examine
any teaching, answer any question, and discuss any spiritual matter (Acts
• A church that believes the Bible is inspired and is God’s last will and
revelation to mankind (2 Timothy 3:16, 17).
• A church that believes the kingdom is now here and that Christ is ruling on
His spiritual throne in heaven (Acts 2:29-36; Colossians 1:13, 14).
• A church that teaches that, to be part of God’s family, man must hear (Romans
10:17); believe (Hebrews 11:6); repent (Acts 17:31); confess (Romans 10:9,10);
and be baptized (Mark 16:16).
• A church that teaches that, after obeying the gospel, we can fall from grace
and become lost (2 Peter 2:20-22).
• A church that teaches the Lord will return in judgment and mete out to each
person, one of two sentences—Heaven or Hell (Matthew 25:31-46).
• A church that believes unity can be achieved only by adhering to the seven
platforms of unity (Ephesians 4:1-7).
If this kind of a church appeals to you, please consider worshiping with us. If
not, please study with us to show us why it doesn’t appeal to you. God permits
us to choose.